The initial energy stored in the circuit is zero. At t = 0, a dc current source of 24 mA is applied to the circuit. The value of the resistor is 400 Ω.
- What is the initial value of iL?
- What is the initial value of diL/dt?
- What are the roots of the characteristic equation?
- What is the numerical expression for iL(t) when ?
- Since the initial current in the inductor is zero, the inductor prohibits an instantaneous change in its current. Therefore IL(0) = 0 immediately after the switch has been opened.